Eligibility: Travel grants are available for a maximum of five MSc students, PhD students or postdocs (up to six years after receiving their doctoral degrees) who present their own work (either an oral, poster, or "Open session for ECS" presentation; travel grants are not transferable).
Travel grants depend on distance between the host institution of the MSc/PhD student and the conference place (Karlsruhe):
||250 € + waiver of conference fee|
||500 € + waiver of conference fee|
The deadline for applications is 15 November 2019.
Notification of acceptance / non-acceptance will be given by mid-December.
Please send all required documents to: ehw2020∂imk-tro.kit.edu.
The application must include:
- A copy of the submitted abstract
- Motivation letter (1/2-page max.)
- Candidate's CV* (1-2 pages max.)
- Proof of studentship
- Optional: recommendation letter (e.g., from the supervisor)
* Applicant's CV must include:
- General information
- Title, start, expected end, and supervisor of the MSc/PhD thesis
- List of publications, if applicable
- List of conference contributions, if applicable
All applications will be reviewed by the Scientific Steering Committee. Most important review criteria are (i) scientific quality and originality of the contribution; (ii) applicant's motivation; (iii) applicant's profile (CV).
All grants courtesy of the Joachim Herz Foundation.