The 3rd European Hail Workshop took place from 15 to 18 March 2021 as an online workshop hosted by the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany).
In order to hold the workshop virtually, the conference platform QiqoChat was used very successfully. Using a web-based interface, the workshop was set up with different virtual rooms (zoom-based), replicating the freedom of movement that participants enjoy at face-to-face conferences. Participants were thus able to decide independently which talks, poster contributions, or discussion groups they wanted to attend.
Extended Abstract deadline 22 January 2021
Registration deadline 28 February 2021
- Convection and hail in a changing climate
- Hail damage and damage prevention
- Hail climatology, risk, and loss
- Hail detection and forecasting
- Microphysics and dynamics of hailstorms
First Confirmed Invited Speakers
- Julian Brimelow (Environment Canada, Canada)
- Ian Giammanco (Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety, US)
- Matthew R. Kumjian (The Pennsylvania State University, US)
- Xiaofei Li (Northwest University in Xi'an, China)
- Elisa Murillo (University of Oklahoma, US)
- Kristen L. Rasmussen (Colorado State University, US)
- Timothy Raupach (University of New South Wales, Australia)
- Simona Trefalt (MeteoSwiss, Switzerland)
If you would like to be added to the workshop mailing list for regular updates please send an email to ehw2020∂imk-tro.kit.edu.